Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
It's a busy month around here, preparing for all of our annual Christmas celebrations. Things are going to be a little bit different, this year for our Christmas celebration, however. Instead of doing a Christmas Concert at the church, this year we are opening our school doors to all of our students, families and friends of Parkland School. We are inviting you to come to the school gym for a variety of fun things! We will be having some door prizes, lots of games, crafts, cookie decorating, and music this year. It will be tons of fun and we hope you can join us from 6:30 - 8:30pm on December 14th. Come and go as you please or stay the whole 2 hours. You are all welcome to join! Students will go home early on December 15th due to the extended hours on the 14th.
We are still doing our traditional Christmas Banquet and Student Gift Exchange. Watch for notes home regarding what to purchase for that. All student gift exchange items must be in to the school by Friday the 15th at the latest, please. The actual banquet is on Thursday December 21st. Dress is formal, and there's no need to send lunch that day.
There will be a full day of school on December 22nd. Christmas Break is December 23rd to January 7th, with the first day of school in 2018 being January 8th.
Important dates for December 2017 are:
Important dates for January 2018 are:
- December 4 - Staff Meeting - Students out at 11:45am.
- December 14 - Christmas Celebration - Parkland School, 6:30 –8:30 p.m.
- December 15 - Early Dismissal - Students out at 11:45am.
- December 15 - Gift Exchange Items Due - Watch for notes about what to buy.
- December 21 - Banquet & Gift Exchange - Please dress up, no lunch needed.
- December 22 - Full Day of School - Regular hours.
- December 23 to January 7 - Christmas Break - Students return Monday January 8th.
- January 8 - School Resumes - Regular school day.
- January 15 - Staff Meeting - Students out at 11:45am.
- January 29 - P/T Interviews - No school for students.